Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification
The Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification is recognized around the world and helps individuals endorse their knowledge, skill and ability in Microsoft Office applications. Earning the Microsoft Office Specialist certificate demonstrates application mastery and readiness for a career. With this certification, students will obtain the skills that are in demand and expected by employers.
Why get certified?
Certification can help individuals change careers, keeps career-driven employees competitive and help qualified individuals stand out in a sea of applications.
- Forecast through 2018: IT employment is expected to grow much faster than the average for all occupations and job prospects should be excellent. (US Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Outlook Handbook, March 2011)
- IT professionals gain an average 9 percent salary increase immediately after receiving certification, and 29 percent over the long term, versus peers who are not certified. (CompTIA, Employer Perceptions of IT Training and Certification, Jan 2011)
- Ninety-one percent of hiring managers consider certification as part of their hiring criteria. (Microsoft, Microsoft Certification Program Satisfaction Study, April 2012)
- Eighty-six percent of hiring managers indicate IT certifications are a high or medium priority during the candidate evaluation process. (CompTIA, Employer Perceptions of IT Training and Certification, January 2011)
- Eight in ten HR execs verify certifications among job candidates. (CompTIA, Employer Perceptions of IT Training and Certification, January 2011)
Visit Microsoft’s website to learn more, and contact us for more information about earning a about the Microsoft Office Specialist certification and enrolling in the Business Technology Management programs.