Business Technology Management - What You'll Learn
In the Business Technology Management (BTM) program, you can choose from short-term certificates and optional industry certifications that lead to a two-year degree in one of several career pathways and a transfer degree option. Pathways include accounting, entrepreneurship, office management, business process management, user support, business intelligence and content management.
Contact the Business Technology Management program to learn more about prerequisites, curriculum and admissions for the certificate and degree tracks.
The Business Technology Management program is an integrated, cross-disciplinary, project-oriented program in which each course contributes to and complements other program classes to prepare students with the knowledge and skills for the business world. Whatever path you choose, your program you will be able to:
- Identify and solve business and technology challenges by applying active listening, interpersonal communications and negotiation skills.
- Implement business, technical, and social support solutions through collaboration with diverse colleagues and the community, as both a team leader and a team member.
- Analyze current and emerging business and technology issues through research, data collection, organization, business intelligence and critical thinking.
- Manage and prioritize projects, employees and resources, and implement effective management strategies.
- Use industry standard business and information technologies to support both individuals and organizations.
Once prerequisites have been met, students will complete the core coursework for the BTM Certificate and have the option to specialize in two of the seven career pathways to earn an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree. Students will also gain hands-on training through an internship.
- BTM Prerequisite Planner (pdf)
- BTM Degree and Certificate Curriculum (pdf)
- Business Information Technology (BUS) and Applications Support (MIC) crosswalk to BTM (pdf)